Homemade Recipes for Summer Dog Treats
Feeling the summer heat makes us think of one thing, how can we cool off? More importantly, how can our dogs cool off? I don’t know about you all, but our dogs love to lay in the summer warmth. We can’t blame them but we can help to cool the pups off with these delicious (and healthy) summer treats.
- Peanut Butter and Fruit, from Doggy Dessert Chef:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Chopped Fruit (I used strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons Flax seeds
- Blend the peanut butter and water and pour into the bundt or cake pan.
- Add chopped fruit and flax seeds.
- Allow to freeze for 4 to 6 hours before placing in the grass for your pups
- PUPSICLE, from Desert Living Today:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 24 – 32 oz. plain yogurt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Blend or mix all ingredients together until you have a consistent texture throughout.
- Pour into ice cube trays, cupcake tins or any small container that will yield a treat appropriately sized for your dog.
- Garnish (optional). Dog bones, grated cheese, fruits or veggies work great and look cute too.
- Freeze over night and serve.